Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing #23 Expand your Mind

Expand your mind! Wow...my mind has really been expanded over the past 11 weeks of Web 2.0 classes!

Atomic Learning is an excellent program provided by our district for use to all of our district employees, students and their families. I hope that everyone in our district learns to take advantage of this awesome program. I am a visual learner so this site is very valuable to me! You watch a short 1-2 minute video on a particular topic for a Mac or PC. I watched the power point 2007 office video to see what tips I could learn so I could be of more help to students in the media center. A lot of teachers are requiring the students to do a power point presentation vs. a poster board for their projects.

Atomic Learning has a video for about every computer application you would need!

Office of Professional Development in our district "promotes continuous staff learning and reflection". This office offers classes for certified and classified staff. Class catalogs are available in the Winter/Spring, Summer and the Fall. Staff is able to view their personal transcript online and see their progress. So far, the 75 hours of classes that I have taken have been very useful to my work in the district. This class has been my absolute favorite! It has been the hardest and most work, but the most beneficial in my learning journey!

No comments: